Sports and Stuff Online

Let's Go!

Welcome to the D Headlines

Let us know what you think!

Email us at welcometothed@gmail.com
 

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Wings vs. Blues Reaction

I finally was given the opportunity to watch a Wings game thanks the Charter Cable not offering the NHL Center Ice last night! It was an exciting one. One which gave me a few thoughts.

- They outplayed the Blues for most of the night
- The NHL needs to rethink what a penalty is. I'm not blaming the loss on the officials because it was consistently called, but two hooking penalties on the same play led to the beginning of the end for Hasek. Neither one was a necessary call.
- Hasek needs to get healthy. He let in 4 goals in 6 shots. I don't care how good the opportunities are, stop a shot son!
- Dan Cleary was a beast all night. That guy is a workhorse who does more than you expect him to. Well, I guess that includes 360 degree backhand goals!

- Holmstrom was in front all night once again taking a beating. I don't know how he does it every night.
- Rafalski wasn't right all game. I'm hoping it was just a bad night for the former Badger.
- I love hockey
- The last five minutes were exciting thanks to a big goal from Flippula who received a perfect pass from Hudler. Beautiful play.
- Hudler was all over the ice, but never really got anything going until that great play.
- Power Play was weak.
- I liked the color commentator except for two comments. One being "the team that does better will win." The other being something about scoring 4 unanswered and that's why the Blues were winning. Thanks Sherlock.
- Osgood came in and played solid.
- Manny Legace took care of business after two weak goals. Datsyuk scored on a fluke wrist shot from the neutral zone that took an incredible bounce. I thought it was over at that point, but as they always say, "a two goal lead is the scariest lead in hockey!" (Yea, it really doesn't make sense does it?)
- I wish I could watch the Wings more!!!
- Here are the highlights...(For some reason the embed feature isn't working. Here's the link to the video...http://www.nhl.tv/team/launch.htm?hlg=20072008,2,253)

That's all I got. A very exciting game that had a playoff atmosphere to it. The St. Louis crowd was great all night.

No comments:

Counter